Monday, February 1, 2010

Customer Loyalty Can Be Created

Customers continue to do business with certain people and/or companies because they have developed a loyalty towards that individual or company. What can a business do to build that type of relationship with a customer?

Let's look at the problem from a different prospective - what does a business do for a customer that causes that customer to be loyal to the business. As a customer myself, I tend to do business with companies I feel good about. If I find a business or individual that is meeting my needs, treating my fairly, seems genuinely interested in me and my requirements, and is available at the times and on the days when I expect them, that usually brings me back over and over again. And I usually recommend that business to friends.

Meeting those are simple expectations should be within the capabilities of most businesses, but many times businesses fall short. So if your company had a "Customer's Bill of Rights" maybe they should read something like this.

"If you are a customer of my business I will, to the best of my ability, provide a fair price, reliable products/services, reasonable hours of operation, and an understanding of your needs and expectations. And I will strive to always be courteous and respectful, provide a clean and safe business environment, and always be dependable and honest in our dealings."

Simple objectives, long term rewards.


No comments:

Post a Comment